I started blogging on my birthday earlier this year. I had to shut down that blog because of a stalker, and for a couple of weeks I really struggled with whether blogging was a good thing for me. So many thanks to Girl With The Paw Print Tattoo for nominating me! She shows stunning and raw vulnerability through her blog, and she is what the world needs more of. Blogging has connected me to some incredible humans, and I appreciate this so much.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Abroad American described it thusly: “Bloggers are a funny bunch. We read a lot, write a ton, scour the web for new content to consume, and even give ourselves awards for this stuff. That’s what the “Liebster Award” is – a recognition of bloggers by other bloggers. It’s only coincidental that the name is derived from the German word that means “beloved, or dear” in English. It’s been around in some form or another since 2011, so I think there is at least some credence to its name.”
Rules of the Liebster Award:
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nominations.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Questions for Me:
- Why did you start blogging?
I was looking for connection. I was looking for an outlet to express myself, a way to be honest in a space that wasn’t connected to my everyday life and all of the stress in it. I wanted to see how other people deal with PTSD and anxiety, I wanted to talk about my experience and I didn’t really care if a single person read my blog, I just needed to get it out of my head.
2. What is your favorite movie?
I really like Layer Cake, starring Daniel Craig and Sienna Miller before they made it big. Craig’s character is so frustrated by everyone around him and he just wants to do his thing on his terms. It’s fantastic and surprising.
3. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I’m a Texas girl and here I stay. I would consider New Zealand though.
4. What is your favorite season?
I like fall. It’s often hot here, but the air feels different. There’s a relief from summer heat and it’s before holiday stress kicks in, so in my mind it’s the perfect time of year.
5. What is your favorite holiday?
New Year’s! I don’t make resolutions or do anything crazy, but a lot of memories for me are from New Year’s, good and not so good but experiences I learned so much from. It doesn’t have the stress for me that comes from other holidays, and half the time I stay home and am sound asleep before midnight, which was my first conscious foray into ignoring the expectations of others and doing what was the best for me at the time.
6. Dogs or cats?
Dogs. Recently an adorable muppet named Falkor nosed his way into my life, and you couldn’t replace him with a cat.
7. Coffee or tea?
Earl Grey with a splash of half and half.
8. What is your favorite book?
I just read Rupi Kaur’s Milk and Honey, and it is a stunningly beautiful book of illustrated poetry. It was recommended to me as a rape survivor, and I will continue to benefit from reading it.
9. If you were only given one meal to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Chips and Guacamole.
10. What is your favorite hobby?
Dreaming up business ideas. It seems to be a good creative outlet.
11. Who is your favorite band?
Shinyribs! They are a hoot and a holler, and the amazing human I’m dating got us tickets to see them. So excited!
11 Things About Me:
- I’m a 6th generation Texan.
- I love to eat butter and sugar creamed together.
- I have a large collection of art that includes painting, sculpture and jewelry.
- I won’t sit on a toilet seat I haven’t cleaned myself.
- I love to give gifts outside of holidays and birthdays.
- I have thus far out-lawyered every attorney I have interacted with professionally, and I am not an attorney.
- I love bamboo fabric.
- I don’t like Christmas music.
- I am not nearly as sexy in a baseball cap as I would like to be.
- Pancakes are my love language.
- I read really fast.
Now I Nominate:
These blogs have all made me think or make me want to do me better this year, I hope they impact you too!
- Dazed And Still Dreaming
- TJ Fox
- Cooking Is My Sport
- In A Messy World
- Sadie The Wallflower
- The Other Stuff
- LF Books
- Am I Really A Runner?
Questions for the Bloggers I Nominated:
- What is your favorite food memory?
- What is your favorite way to get outdoors?
- What are you having for dinner tonight?
- What is your preferred mode of transportation?
- Do your family and friends know you blog?
- M&Ms or Skittles?
- Do you think pennies (one cent pieces) are necessary?
- Can you curl your tongue?
- What would get you out of bed on a day you could otherwise sleep in?
- What makes you happy?
- Do you sunburn or tan?
So grateful for what y’all write, and looking forward to reading your answers!