Many thanks to Ashtyn at Through Her He Speaks for the recognition! Her blog is a positive and encouraging space rooted in God, and her recent self-love challenge has been really great to follow along! I find self-love to be challenging for me to practice, and I was glad to see examples of what that can look like!
This came a day before I reached 100 followers – thank y’all so much for reading my thoughts and experiences. The blogging community has been a gift, truly.
Here’s how the award works:
- Post the Blogger Recognition Award Rules.
- Use Blogger Recognition Award badge on your website.
- Share the reasons why you blog.
- Share two tips for new bloggers.
- Nominate other bloggers for this award and notify each of them about this nomination.
I started blogging a week short of a year ago because I wanted a space that I could be unfiltered and raw with my experience living with PTSD. The trauma week that nearly did me in was almost four and a half years ago, I was diagnosed about two and a half years ago, I’ve been with a great therapist for almost two years, and I moved from stable to progressing about 9 months ago, which got put on hold due to a family emergency, and I am almost ready to progress again. I keep blogging because I don’t have too many people that I can be this real with…yet.
Tip #1: If you don’t know what to say to another blogger, be supportive. A lot of people do this because they don’t have support where they are, and this is a relatively safe space for them. Lift them up! They will do the same for you.
Tip #2: Be your authentic self. This is a space to be real and see other people be real, and if you haven’t figured out who your authentic self is yet, this is a great place to work on that!
Here are the bloggers I would like to recognize for being so supportive of me:
Laken at Dazed and Still Dreaming is my jam. She keeps it real, even in the really cold, and I look forward to her posts. She inspires me with her yearning for positive change, and I am looking forward to what she will make happen this year!
What is the “Mystery Blogger Award” ?
It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
It appears to have been started by Okoto Enigma. At least this is the information I am copying!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Me:
- I watch a lot of cooking competitions. I don’t have any desire to compete, but I like to see what people who are really into making food do. If I had the time to housewife around, I would try a lot of what I see people do, I think it’s a great expression of creativity.
- One of the happiest days of my life was when smoking indoors started to be banned. I hate the smell of cigarettes.
- The better I get at managing anxiety, the less OCD I am.
Questions Laken Asked Me:
1. If you had one superpower, what would you wish to have? Flying. And fast enough to not need to teleport.
2. Out of every fantasy realm you can think of, if you had to be stuck in one world, where would you find yourself? Middle Earth seems pretty romantic and dangerous. I also don’t know of too many fantasy realms, my nerdy has other outlets.
3. What’s the weirdest conversation you remember hearing about, or the most recent? I have definitely had a very detailed conversation about cannibalism while in design school. Most of my weirdest conversations happened there.
4. Would you rather be in a place that’s too hot, or too cold? Hot, no question.
5. If you were to recommend me your favorite book or movie, what would they be? Watch Layer Cake. It’s fun and unexpected.
My Nominees (the 10 new blogs I’m following):
- Orme Svelate
- Letters Unsent
- Sands of Time 10
- On the Couch
- Living in a World of Wonder
- Sad Not Mad
- Reckless Love
- With Being Alive
- Searching the Meaning of Life
- Mentally Not Reyt
My Questions for You:
- What attracts you to a blog (i.e. what makes you hit the “follow” button?)
- If you got a tattoo (or a next), what would it be and where?
- Do you eat ice cream if it’s cold outside?
- What is your optimal sleep amount?
- And the weird one, do Instagram pics of hot, gooey food turn you on?
If you choose to participate, many thanks, and if this doesn’t fit your blog style, please know I appreciate what you add to the world!