The blogosphere continues to be a positive place for me, and I really enjoy the connections I’ve made and blogs I read, like Ashley (another Ashely!) blogging at Mental Health @ Home. Thanks so much!
I was also just nominated by Roxy, and have updated this post with her questions (11 questions from her, really enjoyed reading her responses on her blog), appreciate this and thanks for taking the time to read my blog!
What is the Liebster Award?
A recognition award from one blogger to another. The word Liebster means “dearest” or “beloved.”
Rules of the Liebster Award
- Create a new post thanking the person who nominated you.
- Provide a link to their blog.
- Include the award graphic.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Nominate 10 recently followed bloggers and share your post with them.
- Make a new set of 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
My questions from Ashley:
- What is the goal and/or purpose for your blog? This blog in particular is a reset after learning that I was being cyber stalked. The man who stalks me (yep, ongoing) would read my blog obsessively, and since he lives in another country it would show up in my stats. It got to be too much for me, so I shut that blog down and here I am, being more authentic and enjoying blogging so much more!
- How did you come up with the name of your blog? I had been thinking through how to successfully make some lifestyle changes that would address my struggles with PTSD in a healthier way, and I realized I would just have to practice until I got better at it. Then I made a few adjustments to get a unique domain, and here I am, Practicing Imperfection.
- Name three things on your bucket list. This question made me immediately think of looking at a certain person and saying, “Ha, you’re on my bucket list…” Anyway…1. Visiting all of the space-needle type buildings (I think I’ve been to 5 or 6 already?), 2. Holding a massively extravagant dinner party with all of the people I like, and 3. Having a pro do my hair and makeup for a night out.
- What is your favorite quote and by whom? “To hell with more, I want better.” – Ray Bradbury
- What are your favorite types of books to read and why? 18th Century British novels. They’re like a long, warm hug with excellent English.
- What is your favorite movie and/or television show? I’m a big fan of Poldark! Thanks, BBC, for that gift.
- What is your best memory from the year 2017? Holding a friend as she cried because she was facing past trauma and releasing emotion. I was in a place that I could understand and cry with her, and that moved the Earth under me.
- What did you learn from the year 2017? That shame is not necessary to living my life.
- What are your hopes and goals for the year 2018? I hope I have the energy to push my company to success. I have a number of people I would like to provide for, and achieving that would be so fulfilling for me.
- What is your favorite post you have written. Bone Deep and Mind Breaking was a really powerful moment for me, and I spoke from my soul. It was the start of something good.
My Questions from Roxy:
- Describe one goal you want to achieve by the end of 2018? I want to be able to run 5k in less than 40 minutes. I am neither a runner nor fast.
- Are you pessimistic or optimistic? Optimistic!
- If there was one country you could choose to go to where would it be and why? I would really like to visit Spain. I think the vibe and the food would agree with me.
- It’s your last ever meal…what would you eat? Hot French bread and cold butter.
- What is your favourite season and why? I like summer. The hotter the better, which is exactly what the temps are NOT right now.
- What is the first thing you would buy if you won a million pounds? I would go to dinner to celebrate and take a bunch of friends.
- Would you still write if WordPress never existed? I would (and do) write through other outlets, but I wouldn’t write what I post on my blog.
- What is your favourite sweet? Dark chocolate.
- If you could have a conversation with a celebrity who would it be? I’ve always thought Jamie Foxx would be cool to talk to.
- What was the most recent programme you watched? Worst Cooks in America on Food Network. So funny!
- What sets you apart from everyone else? I’m not defensive. I like to stay open to what people have to say without taking it as a threat or a negative.
Since I have already had the honor of being nominated for this award and I have a lot going on at the moment (but wanted to respond to Ashley!), I am going to skip the nominations, and ask instead if you will answer the questions in the comments! That way whoever would like to respond can feel free to. Much love to the kind people who read my space in the blog universe, y’all make my life richer.
My questions for You:
- What is your favorite breakfast food?
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
- What is your favorite children’s book?
- Do you own stationery?
- How much time do you spend on your hair?
- Do you enjoy grocery shopping?
- Favorite flavor milk shake?
- How many times have you experienced heartbreak?
- Do you have a favorite charity?
- Do you wear hats?